Penza City Lights on Sony A6300 / A7s / A77v

Makeev

Penza City Lights on Sony A6300 / A7s / A77v 

Shot from 2014 to 2017 on Sony A6300 / A7s / A77v / and few scenes on BMPC 4K / Panasonic GH5

Moon shot on Sony A6300 + Russian MTO 1000mm f8 and Sony 30mm for stars background.

• 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Hello, I wanted to share the set up for tracked panoramas that I am currently using, wich is based on the use of two two way head from Sunway: the DT-03 and the DT-03R. Both heads are very steady. They are made up of two parts: 1) a 360º graduated rotating/panoramic base with a bidirectional tilt central body (adjustable with two locking levers), and 2) an upper part that, in the case of the DT-03, it is a clamp quick release plate and, in the case of the DT-03, it is a graduated panoramic screw-on rotating head, both compatible with the Arca Swiss system. These upper parts are removable and, therefore, can be replaced by other standard rotating jaws type IRC-64, or by other indexed ones. As I said, I use one of them, the DT-03, as an equatorial wedge, placed directly on the tripod or on a leveling base. Its quick release head with clamp allows me to quickly place the tracker on top and be able to align easily. To align it, I loosen one of the central pins of the kneecap a little, and leave the other loose. This way I can safely achieve the degree of inclination of the tracker that I want. That, combined with the 360º rotating base that the head has, is an excellent option for precise and fast alignment. Then I place the DT-03R on top of the tracker, and use it as a panoramic flat base on which I mount an L-plate combined with a rotating clamp. On these last accessories I place the camera, ready to shoot, being able to move it both in the horizontal and vertical axis. The DT-03R screwed to the tracker allows me to have a solid flat and rotating base on which to pan without losing horizontality and, at the same time, I can compensate for the rotation of the tracker thanks to its base, which also rotates 360º. So the set up is as follows: Both This is what I use: Tripod Leveling base (optional) Sunway DT-03 two way head as a wedge Star tracker from Move Shoot Move Nomad Sunway DT-03R as a leveled base L bracket 360º rotatory arca swiss head Here I share some photos of the set up; I hope it helps:     View: original size View: original size View: original size You can find them in the Sunwayphoto website. You can also see down below some of the photos that I took with this set up: View: original size View: original size View: original size @mallorca_landscapephotography
    • Hi, Last year I switched from Nikon to Sony (A7Cm2) and this situation surprised me in an unpleasant way. When I travel, I record rather short 8-30 seconds clips, a lot of such clips. And found that these files are rather big because of rounded up to the nearest ~32MB. Different SD cards (64GB) fill up very quickly because of that behavior. Sample sizes for different durations of those clips, for example I have 700 clips with these "distinctive" sizes +/-, nothing in between 33,592,255 67,149,921 100,706,705 134,367,160 167,821,451 201,378,823 234,936,491 268,594,590 302,050,059 335,709,042 ... and so on +/-1000 for the smaller files up to +/-100,000 for the bigger ones rounded up to the nearest ~32MB  Different 64GB cards were formatted inside the camera with exFAT (allocation unit size is 128KB) Why is that? Is there some setting for that?  -- Piotr
    • In short: AF micro adjustment isn't needed in mirrorless cameras, so the option is irrelevant. In DSLRs, the focus module is in a different light path than the photosensitive plane. Minuscule differences in the lengths of these paths can be compensated for with AF Micro adjustment. In mirrorless cameras, the photosensitive plane also contains the focus points. So whenever the camera detects proper focus acquisition, the focus is also exactly on the photosensitive plane. That is, until you use an LA-EA4 adapter to mount your 500mm f/4 onto your A1, which uses its own AF module instead of the cameras AF system. I would strongly advise against going this route: you'll have a state of the art camera with an insanely good AF system, and then you dismiss it 'in favour of' a very dated and compromised AF mechanism. Better try the LA-EA5 if you really want to keep using your old lens.   Edit: apparently autofocus doesn't even work with the LA-EA4 on the A1. https://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/cscs/accessories/compatibility.php?area=gb&lang=en&mdl=ILCE-1&cat=7
  • Topics