Sold my A7ii - good time to buy A7rii?

fotuwe

Hi guys!! 

Couple of days ago I took an good opportunity to sell my A7ii (bought it 03/2015) had a great time with it. 

Why did I sell it? Mainly because I got an good offer from someone desperately wanted an A7ii before christmas.

Wanted to way 1-2 more months but just took the opportunity.

Now I am asking myself whether to get a A7rii (ebay greymarket 1830€) or wait for an A7iii? 

Im am not an prof. photographer - doing it as my hobby (with earning some money for portraits). 

I usually to portraits and use the cam on vacations. 

Since portraits are one of my main targets the A7rii should be my choice? My Mac is powerfull enough to handle the extra MP on the Rii

I know there is no release / spec announcement for the A7iii - we can all assume it will be an budget A9. 

What would you guys do? 

I know there is no release / spec announcement for

the A7iii - we can all assume it will be an budget A9. 

What would you guys do? 

I would read the a7R-III specs and then decide 

between the II and the III. Your remark, quoted 

above, is [fortunately] untrue. 

Guest Jaf-Photo

The A7R2 would be an improvement on your A72 in terms of IQ and AF. It's certainly adequate for portraits and travel photography. If you're ambivalent now, I don't think waiting for the A73 announcement will resolve it for you, as it will likely be the budget A9 you're expecting. It will be speced and priced to avoid undermining the higher models.

RIght now I have the A7RII and I am loving it so much. Problem I am not really making any income with it. Even if I have a big portfolio. I do not regret buying it all.

the A7RIII is kind of quesitonable. All I need to know if they have fixed the "Star eater problem" from the A7RII.

The bastards at SONY gave us the option of RAW ( which is how it should be ) however they also did another "FIX" that makes focused stars seem to dissapear. This was the first upgrade. So I keep my camera at Firmware 1.0.

So that is what I really care about. Did they fix the star eater problem? And can you shoot RAW without upgrading the firmware?

That is all I want to know.

A7RII is already a more better camera then Canon D5 MKIII and MKIV, and whatever else Canon has in store. Only reason to buy a Canon is just to say "Yes sir I have a Canon"

If you want to buy my A7RII I will sell it to you. Only because I am not really making any income with it right now. Otherwise it is a great camera and I have no issues with it at all. I do not regret buying it at all.