DigitalMinds Photography

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Thank you Pieter! That's great input, I remember going to visiting stores before purchasing and you're right, it seemed most mirrorless cameras I had a look at seemed like great options overall. I decided to go with Sony for a few reasons, one of them being a good friend of mine in the product photography field has been using Sony only for ages. Another reason was the way Sony did indeed seem quite welcoming to 3rd party lenses, that is important to me. Appreciate your time and comment!
    • Yes. The display has its own settings and doesn’t necessarily show an accurate preview. You need to watch the exposure meter. 
    • What is the issue? Live display doesn't accurately display actual output raw photo. It could be under or over-exposed. When focusing, sometimes you do get a glimpse of what your final image will be. (I believe this is because apparently on sony mirrorless, to aid the autofocus system, exposure is temporarely increased, this doesn't impact your actual exposure, its only temporary, therefore my theory is that what Im looking at, is my actual exposure + 1 stop maybe) The preview is shown as well-lit, however once you see the raw file it's way underexposed. After taking the picture, it somehow does increase the exposure and the output is more accurate to what is shown on live view, like if the camera took a screenshot or maybe the JPEG is wrongly labeled as .ARW, or somehow metada gets corrupted, since shows it was shot at the same settings, same ISO, same aperture, same exposure time but one picture is darker than the other. After taking the picture in this mode it loops back as taking the picture darker.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Why I believe is an issue with the adapter? Changed the lens to the 50 mm f1.8 and same cycle repeats. Changed to the kit lens from sony and it work ok. Any help or theories? I know the simplest way would be, just use another adapter or maybe buy a sony lens but, I mean... there are plenty of people with this adapter, so could be an issue with this particular unit of adapter? I haven't seen something similar to my case on the internet.
  • Topics