Help Me Choose New Lens? Need Advise!

I've had the A7s since it came out in July. I have been using the Sony 28-70mm zoom. I've also adapted some old Canon FD's which give a cool look. They've been fine but the quality doesn't blow me away and I recently shot an event and because of the full-frame, it was very hard to get close ups that I needed.

I was looking for a zoom to replace my 28-70 with a bit more range, more on the telephoto side. I have looked over almost every full-frame e-mount lens made which isn't that many. There's also a bunch of a-mount which I'd be open to adapting to the a-mount.

I came from Canon before this and saw the visual difference of buying cheap lenses and nicer lenses. What would you recommend for a nice wide range zoom for the A7s? I'd be open to a Sigma or Tamron if they were nice. I've actually had some really awesome Sigma's so would like that. 

Also, I only shoot video with this, would adapting for a-mount be an issue? What's the difference between the $200 and $350 adapter for the a-mount in terms of shooting video? I don't do fast action shooting, it's mostly set up a shot, shoot it, move on. So I don't need super quick auto focus as you would for sports or something.

Thank you!

Thank you! I would love that lens but it is out of my price range.

Would something like the link below be nice image quality? 

http://store.sony.com/fe-24-240mm-f3.5-6.3-oss-full-frame-e-mount-telephoto-zoom-lens-zid27-SEL24240/cat-27-catid-All-Full-Frame-E-Mount-Lenses

I know that the Zeiss's would be the best bet for image quality but it would have the same range as what I currently own. 

Has anyone had luck adapting a Canon EOS lens while maintaining auto focus? How much of an AF lag is there? Would it be able to AF while shooting?

Thank you 

Even the best EOS adapters have terrible autofocus (1-3 seconds per shot) so are unusable for AF video.

The 24-240mm seems suitable and reviews so far suggest it's good for a superzoom. But such lenses neccesarily sacrifice some quality for their size / price / flexibility (double the range for half the weight and a third of the price of 28-135mm). It's brand new, so there'll be more reviews of it in the coming weeks to help you decide.

e.g. Info regarding it's suitability for video can be found at the end of this page http://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/photography/hands-review/hands-review-sony-fe-24-240mm-f35-63-oss-super-zoom-lens