ERASING MULTIPLE IMAGES/VIDEO A7RII WITHOUT FORMAT

Hey everyone.  I have filled up a couple of 64GB cards and I want to erase all the files including the obscure places different formats of video are kept in.  I don't want to format as if I'm not wrong, this resets the file number to 000.  I'm not sure how to select all or multiple in a quick way and erase.  If I do it with a computer, phantom files are left and I don't know how to get rid of that.  Any deleting advice.  It is the first time I've had such problems with a camera.  I'm sure I am missing something simple.

Thanks.

....I have filled up a couple of 64GB cards..................I don't want to format as if I'm not wrong, this resets the file number to 000....

Ok, let get something correct upfront.  Reformatting your card in the camera DOES NOT reset the file number counter.  I reformat my card after EVERY TIME I copy the files onto my computer.  

Some people believe there is a finite life to the card and reformatting is a bad practice, but it simply does not make sense.  It is rewriting the file allocation table, and index to show the card has no image/video stored, and is the Sony camera file format.  It is not a mechanical process and there is nothing to "wear out", so to speak.

Yikes, filling up 64GB files!!!!  I will say that its important to maintain large free space on the card so that there are large contiguous space available to write files as you capture video/image.  Lack of it will slow down the write speed and the overall performance of the camera as the card gets fuller.