HSS not working any Ideas.

I have a new Nissin air receiver and transmitter set which all work fine including in HSS mode for Nissin speedlite but, if connected to a Jinbei HD 600v which is also hss capable, the flash, is triggered but is not recorded at shutter speed in excess of 1/250 fom my A7r2.
This is the same light sold by Adorama as their flashpoint explore 600 which is also sold by them as hss capable.
Have you any experience with this or any suggestion apart from return it all, or another hss sony fit trigger system that will work?
regards
Alistair
Bristol England

I have a new Nissin air receiver and transmitter set which all work fine including in HSS mode for Nissin speedlite but, if connected to a Jinbei HD 600v which is also hss capable, the flash, is triggered but is not recorded at shutter speed in excess of 1/250 fom my A7r2.

This is the same light sold by Adorama as their flashpoint explore 600 which is also sold by them as hss capable.

Have you any experience with this or any suggestion apart from return it all, or another hss sony fit trigger system that will work?

regards

Alistair

Bristol England

Adorama's Flashpoint series are relabeled Godox units. Nissin is a different animal. I have the Nissin Di700A and transmitter and I'm contemplating the Air Receiver to use with my Sony F42M. The Air Receiver for Sony is supposed to work with Nissin (for Sony) and Sony flashes. Not sure about any other brands.

I have the Flashpoint Explorer 600 with the Sony HSS transmitter and it works on my Sony A7.  I haven't tested the max speed, but I was photographing smoke recently and it was syncing fine at 1/800th and 1/1,000th.  Only had the light a couple weeks, I'm pretty happy with it.

Regard,

Richard

I have the Flashpoint Explorer 600 with the Sony HSS transmitter and it works on my Sony A7.  I haven't tested the max speed, but I was photographing smoke recently and it was syncing fine at 1/800th and 1/1,000th.  Only had the light a couple weeks, I'm pretty happy with it.

Regard,

Richard

Richard have you a part number for that Sony transmitter? and how did you set up the frequency between the light and the Sony transmitter?

Sony transmits the has signal through TTL pins on the hotshoe. Your solution will not work. You can use the receiver to attach a Godox ttl transmitter using the x1 system and simultaneously use both systems from Nissin and Godox; I have done that before.

thank you for that info . but can you elaborate a little please? 

with the x1 transmitter on the cable is the nissin air receiver connected by cable to the light?

how do you set up the frequencies between the two brands?

Richard have you a part number for that Sony transmitter? and how did you set up the frequency between the light and the Sony transmitter?

MFR: FP-RR-R2-T-S  Flashpoint R2 TTL 2.4G Wireless Transmitter For Sony Cameras.  The Flashpoint Explor 600 is the light.  They are made to work wireless with each other.  Other than selecting each to be on the same channel there is not a frequency setup.  That's one of the reasons I bought this setup, was so it would work well together without lots of extra pieces.  They have TTL and Non TTL version of the light.  I have not tried TTL on mine to know how well it works.  This light and transmitter is also sold under Godox in some countries.

Richard

You cannot use a sync cable to transmit ttl data, thus it will not work in HSS. The best you can hope for without additional equipment is to put your strobe into optical slave and trigger hypersync using an HSS compatible speedlight.

In order to make your Nissin system work with the Godox system, you need:

• Nissin Air 1 Commander
  • Nissin Air 1 Receiver
  • Godox x1s transmitter
  • Godox Wistro AD 360 (with x1 receiver) or 600 (internal receiver)

Attach the Nissin Air 1 Commander to your camera, set the camera in Wireless Flash mode, hold the test button down on the Air 1 Commander until it starts to blink (HSS mode). Attach the Nissin Air 1 Receiver directly to the Godox X1s transmitter. Put your strobe in HSS mode, and set the camera above the flash sync speed.

Using this method, you can trigger both Nissin Air system speedlights with Godox X1 speedlights and strobes. Yes, it does look a bit like a hackjob, but I promise you that it does work. I've used this method for a few months now, and I'm finally selling my Nissin Air system (the whole thing) in favor of the Godox X1 system. Not that the Nissin system is bad or anything; on the contrary, it served me quite well, but I don't want to be using two separate systems to incorporate strobes with HSS, and Nissin doesn't make strobes.

For anyone that is possibly interested in acquiring a set of Nissin gear at a discount, I currently have mine listed on eBay for sale, along with some other gear I'm downsizing. http://stores.ebay.com/duncanfoxphoto/

ok I have got this working. returned the Nissin kit it only works with Nissan lights 

1 x 600 battery pack monoblock light sold under various names. Jinbei, Adorama's own brand, godox ,ect,   plus 1 z godox x1 transmitter

Set the  godox transmitter to out put through it's hot shoe and fit the the lights remote. 

Set the camera to any flash mode EXCEPT wireless then the godox triggers at shutter speeds in excess of 1/250 

Fit the lights own transmitter in the Godox hotshoe and the light will either hyper sync at full power 

or

of the light has the facility for HSS then at variable power settings.