Tokina 11-16 + Commlite. Anyone have tested?

I need a 16mm. And as fast as posible.

I have a Canon 16-35 II+ Commlite , but not so much satisfied.

I think about the 11-16 Tokina , becouse is great to have the posibility to shoot with more ultra-angular range if its needed, but not sure about how it works on AF-S/AF-C mode.  

I´ll use it with video and it would be good if it works well on AF-C mode.

Anyone has tested?.

The other option is to wait for the Batis 18 f 2.8 , but I prefer the 16 focal. And 11-16 better.

Thanks a lot guys.

I´ll use it on A7RII/A7SII.

The idea of a wide zoom is nice. If you are considering the 16mm for full frame, which means an angle of 90o+, and if if you have decided for the A7SII, then the only option should be the Sony 16-35mm f/4, which I have never used.

If you will choose it in the A7RII for video, then there is no problem with APSC lenses, as long as you use the Super 35 format. Many tests shows that the A7RII has better noise results in this setting (4K). I use the Sony PZ 18-105mm f/4 in my A7RII and have not found a problem yet. I had bought this lens for my A6000 formerly and was lucky to learn that I did not need a new all around zoom for video with my new camera. Before I knew this I was planning to buy the much more expensive 28-135 mm f/4 to use in full frame, but then I took it of my wish list. For stills I have a set of full frame lenses.

Considering the later option (A7RII, Super 35), the Sony 10-18 mm f/4 seems to be a good idea (also from what I have read, never touched it). It is more expensive but it is a native lens and you won't need an adapter.

Full frame or Super 35, native lenses are much better to work with (autofocus, silent, lens correction in camera, no adapter, camera controls, metadata, etc). They are worth the extra $ that you may pay in long term, as long as they do not disappoint you in the most important feature that is IQ.

Thanks Ze De and Goden.

Well , the Sony 16-35 f4 is an option, but I should prefer any faster lens if the cost is to have a non-zoom lens.

The 10-18 F4 is a perfet focal range, but f4 again.

I prefer not to use the Super 35 option. I have a A7SII and a A7RII, and would like to use it on FF both.

Probably the best  ( and expesive) option would be the Batis 18.. :(