_Huh? Filenames in a6000 Showing an Underscore

Hello Everyone!

I am new to this forum and I have a question that I do not see answered anywhere. I have the Sony A6000 and some time ago (Sep 12, 2015 around 3:39PM), it started adding a prefix to the filename. That prefix is and underscore so my filename looks like _DSC1655.ARW. I shoot only RAW. Oddly the serial numbering has remained accurate.

Now I am not going to go and rename files since Lightroom will have a hissy fit but I would like to know how to remove the underscore. Anybody have any ideas? I know this is happening in camera since when I read the card, the filenames all have the underscore. Any help is appreciated! Please see screen Grab...a6K Filename Change.tiff

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

BritinUSA - Advanced User indeed! Thank you so much for this answer. Of course as soon as I read it I rushed to my camera and made the change. I then took yet another kitchen picture and imported and fantastically the filename is back to normal. Awesome!

This has been bothering me for a while (well since Sep 12, 2015). So thank you for freeing up one of what is a dwindling set of brain cells.