Actually this question as I post at Facebook - A7RII group a weeks ago. 

Pls advise how much size in one picture when you shoot ??? I always get 10,0MB - 27.0MB in JPEG and 37.0MB(Max.) in RAW file, never get over over 30.0MB - 42.0MB as Sony said. Have something wrong in my setting ???

11828671_788540534597811_658492571283735
Leroy Lee Jun Liang What size do you need? If you want big then use uncompressed RAW

I could be wrong about this, but you might be referring to the firmware updates (2.0 and higher) that allow you to shoot uncompressed RAW. This does yield a file size significantly larger than 20-30mb. You need to install the firmware update first (obviously) and then you select the option to shoot in either compressed or uncompressed within the menu system. I think that this option is separate to option to select file type.

Guest Peter Kelly

Do make sure that you have APS-C size set to 'Auto' or 'Off' in the menu (but if the lens is APS-C and the setting is 'Off' then you'll get a black edge).

If this is set to 'On', or you're not using 'FE' lenses, then only an APS-C sized section (18mp) of the sensor will be used, leading to files roughly the size you mention.

Yes that fixed it thank you very much.  I am getting 43 mbyte RAW and 15.8 JPEG and my card is filling much more quickly thanks for the help.

Off topic any feeling about the RX1RII, I bought and RX10 as a all around camera when I travel (I like the zoom range) but it's too big when combined with my A7RII and lenses.  The recent reviews in Sony Alpha Rumors were mixed except for great image quality.