Upgrading from my Nex-5n?

Hello all,

I'm new here, I hope I'm posting in the correct location. I have had my Nex-5n for about 4 years now, and really like it. However, I've been thinking about upgrading to a new camera body. Full disclosure, I'm still a complete newbie when it comes to cameras, terminology, etc. 

I have the 18-55mm lens the camera came with, as well as the zoom 55-210mm lens. I'm not quite sure if I should spend money on another lens, or upgrading the camera body. 

I've been researching both the Nex-7 and the a6000. I'm unsure which would be the better investment. 

I would like to stay under $1000.

If anyone has advice, I'd appreciate it. 

the lenses are god but if you want better lenses there are some very good e-mount lenses out there

i would recommend a prime lens so you have a significant better IQ

.....the sigma 30mm dn (old one used, or the new 1.4) and the sigma 60mm dn or better the sony 50mm 1.8 oss

depends on your shooting stile, if you want to learn more about how to make good photos, i also would recommend a legacy manual prime lens like

Minolta MD 50mm f1.4 or Olympus OM 50mm f1.8 or Minolta MD 45mm f2 or Minolta MC 55mm f1.7 with adaptor 

i would not go for the Nex 7 better go for Nex 6 or a6000 depends on your budget but a6000 is a bargain now

i think to have a EVF is very helpful