Which Zoom to pair with A6000 and A7rII?

Would like to get a general purpose zoom to use with both my Sony A6000 and the full frame A7r.  Would appreciate opinion, guidance...

Zeiss 24-70 FE versus E mount 16-70 ...both F4, of course.  Best image quality would trump weight, size, or price.  If you were compelled to purchase one, which would be your choice?

Thanks!!

i don´t know the zeiss zooms

i have the Kitlens FE 28-70 and it is great on Aps-C and FF

it is also very light

the problem is the small end on APS-C maybe 28mm is a little bit long, but IQ on the small end is great IMO

So the zeiss 24 would be a little bit better in this regard and f4 is also great

but the Zeiss it is much bigger and more heavy than the sony 426gr against 295gr Filter sice 67mm / 55mm

i think IQ on the long and will be better with the Zeiss

The 16-70 will be fine on the a6000 but will not cover the full frame on the A7 cameras, would have to be used in crop mode so losing a lot of resolution.

Thank you, but would the images be compromised in terms of quality, rather than just size.  In other words would  one notice a difference in a 16 x 20 print of the same subject shot with the two different bodies?  My understanding is that "cropped" means you are essentially using less of the A7rII sensor...but at 42 mp there is a lot to work with.

You will have 18mp with the 16-70 on the A7R2 if set to crop mode, probably ok for A3+ (13x19") but for 16x20 - effectively using as much horizontal resolution  as16x24" I think it may be pushed too far.

just saying :)

Thank you...that is the kind of opinion/information I am looking for.  I actually mistyped as I don't print beyond 13 x 19 and certainly for larger would use the FE primes on the A7rII.  But it seems to me one can use a host of E mount lenses on the A7rII and get wonderful results at a substantial savings compared to the full frame optics.

I personally LOVE the FE 16-35 f4. I use it one the A7RII and it's incredibly sharp wide angle zoom. It covers the fullframe imagecircle. Just really nice to use.

On the a6000 it would be a 24-50 equivalent which is pretty standart. And it would be really sharp on that camera as well.

The 16-35 is also sharper than the 24-70 or the 16-70...

I personally LOVE the FE 16-35 f4. I use it one the A7RII and it's incredibly sharp wide angle zoom. It covers the fullframe imagecircle. Just really nice to use.

On the a6000 it would be a 24-50 equivalent which is pretty standart. And it would be really sharp on that camera as well.

The 16-35 is also sharper than the 24-70 or the 16-70...

Thanks...I currently am using the Canon 16-35 image stablized with an adapter and it is fabulous!  But I'm looking for a lighter, smaller but still sharp general purpose zoom.