New member, Baltimore, MD, USA

texandrews

Hello to anyone, and thanks Andrea for a fine job at SAR and for starting this forum.  

Came to Sony from Oly in about 2010, A850.  Put together a nice group of lenses, then added an NEX7 in 2012, plus several e mount lenses and adapted lenses.  January 2014 got the A7R, and started thinking about the roles of the other 2 cameras and lenses.  Then a combination wonderful/nasty surprise:  the Pentax 645Z announcement.  As I already had a 645N and some good lenses, I took the plunge (very cold water, financially!) by trading in most of my A mount gear, including the A-850 (heartbreak) and the NEX7 and some e mount gear, adapted and not, that didn't work well on the A7R, plus some other good gear to make it just barely affordable.

So now I have the A7R kit for lightweight, and the 645Z for heavyweight.

Photography is an adjunct to my other artwork, and a part-time professional pursuit, hoping to make it more full time than part.  Happy to hear from other Sony users in my area (mid Atlantic US) or travelers coming through, especially FF and A& series users. Website: www.texandrewsart.com

• 2 months later...