Canon 17-40 against the Sony 16-35m and the Voigtlander 15mm

Hello everyone!

Being a canon user for the moment, and a landscape photographer, I have the 17-40mm has one of my main lenses. As I'm preparing the buy the Sony a7rII, I wanted to see how the Canon 17-40mm and the Sony 16-35mm compared at their widest. I also added the Voigtlander 15mm, because it's a great option for the sony (especially now that the E mount has been announced). 

You can find the full results on my blog, including the RAW files, here: http://www.adrienlefalher.com/blog

I tested distortion, and I have to say, the voigtlander is a terrific lens in that regard (and pretty much any other metrics. This lens is amazing). 

Both the Canon and Sony showed quite heavy distortion though, but the Canon didn't look that much worse than the Sony, to be honest.

All in all, both the Sony and the Canon lenses are ok, but there's definitely some progress that could be done. The Sony however is twice the price of the Canon, but definitely not twice the quality! Resolutions seems more or less the same for both, in real word usage. 

I hope this test will be useful to some of you!