Had my fx3 for only a month..

I recently got an Fx3 as my carreer is videography,  I placed it on a tripod not that near to water but it the tripod got knocked by wind or something, broke and the camera bounced into a river. I’m extremely heart broken as I worked very hard to have that camera and can’t believe I let it slip like that.

Does sony have any program for such recent cases or something ? I got it from B&H. 

I should of been more careful but it is what it is. If anyone knows of any options let me know.

it’s already in rice.

it’s not just a camera, it’s a brand new camera and can’t believe it still. 

thank you. 

Edited by Fxcrooz

Sorry to hear that. You should ask your dealer if they can do something for you. Maybe some kind of trade in to get a replacement for a reduced price. Or they know someone who could try to repair the camera.

If using cameras for you career you should think about additional assurance in the future.

The problem with water damage is that some repairers will refuse to attempt to repair it, because they may fix the things that are broken now, but another part could be corroding away, and fail in a month or two, and then the repairer is confronted by an angry customer claiming they got it wrong. This is especially true for seawater damage, but even river water contains impurities.

I hope you get lucky, and find a good repairer. Or better still, find that it works when dried out.

BTW: forget the rice - it doesn’t help any more than leaving it out in dry air with everything open.