Looking to buy A68/77

Shree

There certainly are a TON of lenses that you can use on those two "dead-end" cameras -- going back 35 years.  The selection is MUCH greater than for "alive-beginning" cameras.  PLUS, you can get these "dead-end" lenses and accessories for a LOT less -- and I do mean A LOT!!!

But don't pay any attention to me -- I'm a ZOMBIE who is happy munching on two "dead-end" a850 cameras, and a ton of "dead-end" lenses -- from 12.5mm to 1250mm.

Edited by XKAES

Rotflmao!  I am not talking about old fogies like thou and I who has been shooting for more than a generation and carry a lot of baggage around.  I still have my Linhof Super Technika 4x5 view camera which I haven't shot with in decades.  Now I don't even know if I can source cut film locally never mind a lab to process it.  The OP is asking about buying a Sony A-mount camera which Sony mothballed in favour of the e-mount MILC.  If the OP wants to continually expand his/her photographic journey, it makes better sense to invest in the e-mount camera which Sony is actively developing and marketing instead of the A-mount which Sony has mothballed.

Contrary to what you say about availability of Minolta/Konica gear, I am not seeing it in my neck of the woods.  Kerrisdale Cameras, a local camera store that's been around longer than I have been on the West Coast, buys and sells used camera equipment and checking their stock of Konica and Minolta lenses I see very little oem lenses.  In fact, it's the same for all oem lenses.  What is available are mostly 3rd party low-end consumer zoom lenses that no one seems to want, seeing as how the listing hardly changes from the weeks before.

Your universe is not everyone's.  I have no problem at all getting whatever I need for my 50 old cameras -- from 4x5 down to Minox (make that 70 years old).  My "dead end" cameras will still be working fine after your newer electronic wonders are useless.  That's what I call a DEAD END.  But, unlike you, I'm going to try to support photographers along their journey.

On 1/28/2022 at 5:06 AM, XKAES said:

Your universe is not everyone's.  I have no problem at all getting whatever I need for my 50 old cameras -- from 4x5 down to Minox (make that 70 years old).  My "dead end" cameras will still be working fine after your newer electronic wonders are useless.  That's what I call a DEAD END.  But, unlike you, I'm going to try to support photographers along their journey.

Sorry for not replying sooner - I had to resolve some emergency work around the home.

Good for you XKAES, but my point is that there is a dwindling supply of good quality vintage gear and what is available is getting more and more expensive.  Besides, you have been accumulating vintage gear for so long, what more is there for you to get?  Even I who live in the limited universe,have no great desire to acquire anymore vintage gear. 

You, as the proud owner of two landmark Sony A850 to call them DEAD END, I am left wondering what your point is...

For the last, that's awfully conceited of you XKAES but if you have the capital to impart knowledge to others, please do.