Focus issue with A6300 and not taking photos

I have had my camera now for nearly 3 years and I love it. Most of the time. The last two times I have used my camera, the focus is starting to stick and the shutter button won’t work - mainly when I am in any other scene selection other than Auto. Also when I take a photo, it sits on the photo for a moment on screen before it moves on so I can’t take photos in quick succession as it isn’t focusing right. 

Any ideas? I will ring Sony in the morning. I haven’t taken to be serviced and that’s something I will do this week too. 

It won’t focus and then when I take a photo it is like the photo sticks onto the screen and doesn’t move for a moment, even when I half press to focus to take another shot so then it delays me taking another photo.

Very hard to explain. I guess the thing is, I take a photo and the shot stays on the screen even after I want to take another photo. Then it won’t take a photos until I turn the camera off and then back on again. Seems to only happen in manual modes - not auto modes. 

Along with a "factory reset", given the age of your camera, and the amount of use it gets, the issue might arise from a weak internal battery. 

I can't speak specifically about your camera, but all of these cameras have a internal battery that needs to be in good shape for the camera to work as it should.  Yours might need a recharge.  So check your owner's manual.  On mine, it states that if features are not working correctly, make sure you have a fully charged battery, and leave it in the camera for 24 hours (or longer) -- WITH THE CAMERA OFF.  An alternative is to use an AC adapter if you have one.

On my camera recently, I did exactly this when the camera was not doing what it should.  After 24 hours of charging with a fully charged battery, the camera -- when turned on -- reported "BATTERY EXHAUSTED".  The internal battery had sucked all the electricity out of the battery -- but with another fully charged battery, the camera worked fine.

It seems to me that it would be a good idea to recharge the internal battery on these cameras, at least once a year to avoid these types of problems.

Computers have similar internal batteries, as well, and cause all sorts of problems when they start to wear out -- like not finding the hard drive, losing the date, thinking your keyboard is a mouse, not finding your network card, etc.