Can't view images when connected to phone

Have you set the camera to connect to your cell phone? It probably won’t establish a connection automatically, it doesn’t in the a7.

I don’t know about the a7R ii, but I have just bought an a7 and after installing and setting Imaging Edge Mobile in my cell-phone as explained in the manual that came with my camera (that I could also download from the internet), each time I want to use my cell-phone with the camera I have to establish the connection via the “Menu” (as also explained in the manual).

I can perfectly view the images on my cell-phone and trigger the shutter from it (though just that with the a7). If it can be done with the a7, I would think it ought to work with the a7R ii (it is newer than the a7), but I don’t know.

Edited by Alejandro

Hamza,
I tried to check on my camera to see if I could add something to the subject, but now I can’t even connect via wi-fi. Everything was working fine, but a few days ago I accepted and did an update to Android 9 on my cell-phone. First thing that happened was that I got I sign saying that from now on, with Android 9, I ought to have the GPS on my cell-phone set to work to be able to establish a wi-fi connection with the camera. I did so (I switched on the GPS), but now, I am not being able to connect the camera to my cell-phone via wi-fi. I’ll keep trying and see if I can find out what and why I'm not being able to connect. In my case, Android (Android 9) is to blame (as everything was working fine before Android’s update).

Edited by Alejandro

Checked. In my case, the problem seems to be due to Android 9. I tried and tried and couldn’t establish the connection.

I have an old cell-phone which I keep because I use its GPS functions (I sail).
It has Andorid 6. I downloaded and have just installed Imaging Edge Mobile in that phone and it works fine, as it should. And I can see the object to be photographed both on the cell-phone and on the camera’s screen, and I can trigger the shutter (and the photo is sent to phone).

Edited by Alejandro

Problem solved (mine). I had to delete all references to the camera and the addresses of the wi-fi connection (or whatever is called) in my cell-phone (on the one recently updated to android 10, not android 9), and then allow the phone and Imaging Edge to recognize it again from zero. Now it works (differently though).

In the phone where I have Android 6, to establish the connection, I only need to set the camera to connect and to initiate the connection directly from and in Imaging Edge. In the phone where I have Android 10, I need to set the camera to connect, then go to Adjustments > Internet Connections in the phone and choose the name of the camera in the list of possible connections to wi-fi and activate it, and then initiate the connection from and in Imaging Edge. Maybe the difference is not due to Android different versions but because the phones are from different brands (?).

I forgot to tell you that I can also compensate exposure from the phone.

Anyway, obviously is not the same you are facing, as you can establish a connection but some functions are not working for you. Odd.

Edited by Alejandro