Can Sony be controlled by phone with usb?

Hello. I have Canon 6D and I'm thinking of getting Sony maybe the A7. My Canon can be controlled by phone (DSLR app) with usb. Can Sony be controlled by usb, as well? By controlling I mean see the screen and change the settings like shutter speed and so on.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm in research for remote control  A7 R2  with smartphone via USB too...I'v been searching since.....and nothing found.

As i asked  RupiApps(camera Pro Control) for this app to work with USB/Sony, they told me that Sony are very...secret and it would be difficult to " code" the language(s) to make it working for Sony...So as Hamzah, still  searching...If find something i will inform you..

HB

20 hours ago, Le nat said:

Hi,

I'm in research for remote control  A7 R2  with smartphone via USB too...I'v been searching since.....and nothing found.

As i asked  RupiApps(camera Pro Control) for this app to work with USB/Sony, they told me that Sony are very...secret and it would be difficult to " code" the language(s) to make it working for Sony...So as Hamzah, still  searching...If find something i will inform you..

HB

Thanks. Have you ever tried HDMI and external monitor? 

Hi,

It works with an external monitor plus HDMI(or with LapTop) but as i have to climb in the mountains with  big slopes i'm searching to use my smartphone to avoid extra weight( just 8 kg face 60 ° slopes is just...tiring)...

I've got 7D Canon and Dslr Remote Control or Camera Pro Control are well working with USB..Sony remain a special case.
With wifi, it works but too much manipulations to do, lagging time to high and so on...

On 11/16/2020 at 2:26 PM, Hamzah said:

Hello. I have Canon 6D and I'm thinking of getting Sony maybe the A7. My Canon can be controlled by phone (DSLR app) with usb. Can Sony be controlled by usb, as well? By controlling I mean see the screen and change the settings like shutter speed and so on.

Thank you.

With the A7 you can establish a wifi connection to your Android cell-phone (I don’t know about an i-phone, but somebody else might know or it might be in the manual). You ought to download from Play Store, Imaging Edge for Mobile.

You won’t be able to control all parameters of the camera. You will just be able to see the subject to be photographed on you cell-phone screen, and to action the shutter of the camera.

The wireless remote control RMT-DSLR (at least the RMT-DSLR1) allows you to shoot the Sony a7 (just that).

For tethering shooting with the a7, you can connect it to a computer through an usb connection and Imaging Edge for desktop would allow you to control the camera, but you won’t be seeing the subject to be photographed. But for this, one can simultaneously  connect, via an HDMI cable, the camera to a monitor screen (or tv) or to a monitor as could be the Sony’s CLM-V55 monitor.