Remote for a7iii?

Celine

Hello,

my thoughtful partner gifted me this wonderful camera for my birthday. I love it, however I use cameras mostly for self portraits. I was wondering if someone can help me locate a remote for this purpose. 

The 'connect to smartphone' feature is great and all (if it worked dependably) but is also useless if no where near wifi connection.

Thank you!

Celine

15 hours ago, Celine said:

I use the Imaging Edge app and it sometimes takes up to 8 tries, if it connects at all.

With my a7ii I'm using NFC connection and my iPhone works fine as a remote control. Maybe you must cancel the access point mode of your camera (connection to your home wifi) before trying. 

• 2 months later...

Thank you. Can you tell me how to setup NFC? Is this something that's already on your phone or is there an app?

I don't know if this is all so frustrating to connect because I use an iPhone SE that's three years old. I'm just not ready to replace it yet because it still works...

• 4 weeks later...

About wireless remote via phone. Problem is usually you have to think where and when you are going to use this and literally keep an extra phone just to control the camera. Old or new. My Nvida tablet is unable to work with the official SONY remote App but my Microsoft phone can work with a 3rd party app

SONY has remote options but I have yet to find one that runs smoothly ( To do serious video ).

I recently brought a FOTGA RM-VS1 which works great. With an official SONY video lens depending on press can do a super fast Zoom or super smooth zoom. My only concern is focusing the lens itself ( without disturbing the wheel with my hand )

Physical Zoom ( SONY video lens with the electronic zoom button )
Clear view Zoom... 2-4X digital zoom with no loss???
Digital Zoom AKA the fake 10X Zoom that comes with most cameras. for my A7rii it is really low and too grainy. Good looking

That being said the physical Zoom

Again FOTGA RM-VS1