A7iii focus question

Hi all, wonder if anyone can help me out with this problem. I recently upgraded to A7iii with the Sony native FE 85mm 1.8. I mainly photograph my 5 and 3 year olds. My normal settings are on wide focus mode, shutter speed at 200+, aperture at 1.8 and I have face detection on but did not register any faces. My kids most of the time are positioned at the same focal line, maybe  couple inches off when they move. The camera is only able to auto focus on one face with the green box. I have some pictures with one child’s eyes are out of focus ???. Can the a7iii track 2 or more faces by showing the green box on each face so I would know both kids are on sharp focus? Any other tips to assure both subjects eyes are in sharp focus? I did not remember I have this problem with my A6500. Thanks! 

13 minutes ago, Tsesansan said:

Any other tips to assure both subjects eyes are in sharp focus? I did not remember I have this problem with my A6500.

The A7III has a full frame sensor. Paired with an F1.8 lens, the depth of field is actually much shallower than on the A6500. Just stop down to F4 and your problems will be gone.