Sony A to E mount question.

Hosh

Hi all, first time poster. 

I am getting back into photography and have chosen to stick with sony, I have a pretty old Sony A100 alpha on the A mount, I have a couple of lenses that are all AF enabled, a small 28-70 sony kit lens and a telefoto Minolta, so my thought was to get an a6000 body, and use A to E adapter to make use of the glass. Is this advisable? Will I get clear crisp imagines in this manner, I can't imagine these lenses would be classed as "too old" or would they? 

I'm trying to keep the initial cost down whilst I get back into things, after this i would be happy to spend a bit more. 

Happy for any advice or correct me if my thinking is wrong. Is the A6000 a decent place to begin? I also considered the A77 mk2, which has the A mount.

To add, my style of photography is mainly just portraits, family time photography, and some outdoor street stuff from time to time. 

Thanks! 

Edited by Hosh

Why not get an a-mount camera -- with the features you want?  There are lots to choose from.  Most are APS format, but there were four that are full-frame format.  To use a-mount lenses on e-mount cameras you need an adapter that depends on your a-mount lenses and e-mount camera.  They are not cheap, and can have limitations.  You can avoid all that by sticking to a-mount cameras -- which are usually inexpensive.  So are a-mount lenses!  

Here's a list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sony_A-mount_cameras

Edited by XKAES

Hi bud

Thanks for your reply, the A77ii is one that has the A mount my friend hence why I am very much considering it, having looked more over a few days I may take this route, as you have said though it has an APS sensor, so Additionally as starter should I try to get one of those A mount cameras with full frame or Aps for starters would be good? I don't mind spending a little more to have a camera that I really "grow" into

Edited by Hosh

Since you are familiar with the APS format -- from your a100 -- you might want to stick with that format.  The four a-mount cameras that are full frame are great, but more expensive -- but so are the latest APS format a-mount cameras (but they have newer features).  The a700 is a winner in my book, but it may not have what you are looking for.