A7 mk II lenses

Hello !

I leave Nikon to Sony. I'll sell my D610 + 50mm f1.4 Nikkor + 16-35 f4 Nikkor + 24-85 f3.5-4.5 Nikkor.

I plan to buy a A7 II and I would like some advice for lenses. I have a Distagon 25mm f2.8 and Yashica 135 mm f2.8 that I used on my Contax Aria. My questions are:

1- What adapter do I buy to use these two lenses on the A7 II?

2- I hesitate between the Sigma 35mm f1.4 + MC-11 (heavy) and the Zeiss 35mm f2.8. Is the difference in quality was important, for the same price?

3- The 55mm f1.8 or 50mm F1.4?

Thank you for your advice

P. S.: Excuse my bad english, I'm French Canadian from Quebec City   :)

Tanks for reply !

1st: I always have Contax/Zeiss (body and lenses) for film since 1982. Pentax, before.

2nd: I plan to sell my Nikon gear for a come back with Zeiss

3rd: I have tried A7 II and I love It (with 35 f2.8 Zeiss).

4th: I like the possibility to use old good lenses (Minolta, Canon and my Zeiss

I shot landscape and street, mainly

My goal Washington an A7 II with three Loxia (21, 35 and 50) or maybe 55 f1.8.

Tanks for your opinion

I can only encourage you. I sold off my Nikon gear (D700 plus lenses) after getting the A7II to use with my CONTAX Zeiss lenses. After a short "probation", I completely got out of Nikon

I use the 2.8 / 28, the 1.7/50, my favourite 1.4/85 and the 2.8 / 200 I also own the Yashica 2.8/135, which I am just rediscovering and the 28-85 and 80-200 Zooms. All of the Zeiss lenses give me more pleasure in use than the Nikon lenses I had. Manual focus is easier than I anticipated. Notwithstanding that, I am still sitting on the fence regarding the Techart Pro adapter, which I love conceptiually as it picks up the idea of th CONTAX AX, which I also own.

To your question regarding adapters. I started out with a "cheap" Fotodiox adapter which works fine. I wound up buying the much more expensive Novoflex adapter, which just feels better. I just didn't make sense to me to ditch my Nikon gear and switch to Sony / Zeiss and then skimp on the adapter. The haptics of the Novoflex just fit much better to the ensembl than the cheaper products.

Sorry for the long winded response. I would be curious to hear about your experience with the 135 on the Sony. I am considering trading up from the Yashica to the Zeiss...

Merci Marc (au cas où). Thanks Marc for the info about adapter and sharing your experience with Zeiss Lenses. My choice will be surely the A7II and the Loxia... maybe the 21mm for later, I'll try my Distagon 25mm before   :)

I own the 35mm 2.8 and I couldn't recommend it enough. It may not be a perfect lens, but it's still pretty dang sharp when you need it to be, and its very small.

Honestly it's size has been it's best feature for me. The A7 cameras are small for a reason, so having at least one small lens is great because you can just throw the camera (not actually throw) into a normal backpack/bag and go about your day with it. 

Thanks Harrison for sharing  :)

Just coming back with A7II and Loxia 35 mm F2. The Loxia 50 mm was back order and I'll receive it in 2-3 weeks.

I ordered the Fotodiox Pro for my Distagon 25mm and Yashica 135mm. Inexpensive for use again this lenses !

Second step, I'm going to look some good vintage lenses (Canon, Minolta...) for fun to try it !

Personally.

I'd sell the 610 and the zooms.

I'd buy an A7II--> M adapter. (Voigtlander make a nice one.)

Set the money aside that you would have otherwise spent on the 35 and the 50mm etc. Put that with the proceeds from the Nikon sale.

and put it towards a Summilux 50mm ASPH.

Less is more.

A7II + 50 Lux is just so much ridiculous win. 

I just wish I'd done it earlier.

Just my 2c.

j.

It will be a good move toward Leica 50mm 1.4 but it will be later.... :lol:

That's what I did too..

In the end, I spent twice as much working my way up to it, as I would have if I'd just jumped in with both feet..

I still have a lot of very nice E mount glass..   none gets used any more..

Enjoy the journey, and welcome :-)

j.

That's what I did too..

In the end, I spent twice as much working my way up to it, as I would have if I'd just jumped in with both feet..

I still have a lot of very nice E mount glass..   none gets used any more..

Enjoy the journey, and welcome :-)

j.

Fortunately, Zeiss lenses have a good resale value  :D

Thanks and have a nice day too  :)