Where is 42 mp capability on AR7II?

I am trying out an A7RII and first thing I want to do is shoot an image at 42 mp. Under "image size" there is no 42 MP option. Only 18 mp, 11 mp 4.5 mp.

Also, cannot find FORMAT (card) anywhere in the menu.

I only have this camera for two days, so a reply would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Guest Peter Kelly

Also, make sure any lens you use is an FE. If it's not full frame then the camera will switch to APS-C mode.

Image size is not an option when you shoot RAW, it is always 40 something.

My final product is b&w print. I shoot FF in RAW + JPEG and set JPEG size to 11 which is the smallest size. In that way I can see the image in b&w on the screen and in the viewfinder and I also have the option to show the pictures on my computer for a quick review before converting the RAWs

The previous replies contain valid information. The format function is in Menu 6, on page 5, second line. Hope this helps.

One other piece of advice is RTFM. And it will take you months to discover everything - unless you work on it 24/24, 7/7.

still confused about where to load the film but I'll be

damned if I'm gonna read some stinkin' manual first.

Film is preloaded. After 72 exposures, ship it to

the address on my website and we'll send your

prints back to you. We're having a print special.  

Double jumbo prints, no extra charge !  

I am trying out an A7RII and first thing I want to do is shoot an image at 42 mp.

Under "image size" there is no 42 MP option. Only 18 mp, 11 mp 4.5 mp.

Also, cannot find FORMAT (card) anywhere in the menu.

I only have this camera for two days, so a reply would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

If you download the PDF manual you can find stuff much faster

than in the paper manual.

I'm still confused about where to load the film but I'll be damned if I'm gonna read some stinkin' manual first.

No worries, I'll paraphrase the manual you don't have time to read...you open the flap at the bottom of the camera, carefully insert the film leader but make sure you have purchased the film spool loader adaptor first then you are good to go. Each shot you take push the film firmly into the adaptor and take the next exposure. Happy to have saved you the trouble RTFM