(Cross Posted on various Forums)

Hey All,

I just wanted to post a quick note about today’s launch of Capture One Pro 8.2.

Normally I don’t make a point of advertising ‘dot’ releases but we have added a very exciting new tool in Capture One.

The Color Balance tool (whilst existing in previous versions of Capture One) has had an extensive upgrade.  With the new 3-Way Color Balance, no knowledge of color blending or third party plug-ins are required to create beautifully color graded images. Color tone changes can be made in the shadows, the highlights or the mid-tones.

Have a look at the attached screen grab (Photo credit www.petewebb.com), to give you an idea.

This is a great way to apply color grading to an image without relying on presets and filters.  Although a similar result can be achieved using levels and curves, it is not as easy to reach the desired tone, plus in the new tool, color is decoupled from lightness and saturation.

There is a tutorial video here…

And stand by for blog posts on the subject at blog.phaseone.com and a great webinar tomorrow with Pratik Naik from Solstice Retouch.  

Pratik will take us through his color workflow and make use of the new tool.

There are more webinars in the future too where you can learn about this tool, and Capture One in general..

8.2 also adds ‘Dynamic Locations’ (new tokens for changing the path of an image file based on items such as color tag, star rating and much more), 5k Previews plus new camera and lens support.

Give it a try out on a free 30 day trial…

Thanks,

David

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 weeks later...

David, until now, whena new relase aws available, I got a notice from Capture One that a new release was awaiting download, at least as I remember it. This hasn't happened for me this time around (I am in France).

Any reason for this, and what should i do about it?

Cheers