Our "Saint Three lenses".

It is not easy to make a definite decision out of my over 50 lenses which all fit to my Alpha 7 . So many lenses work extremly good on this body.

But for almost every trip and especially for a city walk  this trio works fine:

• Sony Zeiss FE 35 mm f2,8: Small and easy to handle with almost no issues. It works perfect in almost every situation
  • Contax Zeiss G 90 f2,8: fantastic colors, very nice build, underestimated and underrated (it works perfect on the A7). I have it in black and bought a second one in champagne-silver new and boxed (The Contax G2 is my second body [for film] with the G28 mm, G35 mm and the G45 mm)
  • Voigtländer 15 mm f4,5 (first version). It has many issues! Strange vignetting, colorcast, purple edges... But it is so extremly small, who can carry it everywhere. And most of the issues are easy to handle.

My second choice for landscape is:

• Sony FE 28 mm f 2,0 (sharp, works good and I own the two extra lenses to convert it to a 20 mm or a 16 mm  lense) Very versatile!
  • Sony FE 55 mm f1,8 - it is simply the best somehow affordable choice. Sometimes I add or change it with my Leitz Macro-Elmarit-R 60 mm f2,8)
  • Contax/Yashica (Zeiss) 200 mm f4,0 (Sometimes I add my C/Y 28 mm f2,8, the C/Y 35 mm f2,8, the C/Y 50 mm f1,4 and the C/Y 135 mm to have one color concept)

Good light: ZM 35/2.8, Leica 50/2.8 v2, Leica 90/4 macro

Low light: Leica 35/1.4 FLE, Leica 50/1.4 asph, Leica 90/2 apo

Travels: Leica 35/2 asph, Leica 50/2 apo, Leica 90/4 macro

Portraits: Leica 35/1.4 pre-asph, ZM 50/1.5, Leica 90/2 v3

I use AF for telephoto mainly and i prefer small lenses generally but lenses like Sony 28/2, 35/2.8, 55/1.8 and 85/1.8 would certainly interest me if MF became too difficult for me.