E-mount and light leak issues

Decided to go into sony system after using nikon for more than 30 years but i was shocked when my system has the loose e-mount issue and i heard of light leak as well. I guess Sony is still long way to go. Instead of coming out with more lens, they should fix the mount issues. I have invested 2 lens now but hoping to sell off the system....[emoji35] how could sony allow buyers to find their own solution using 3rd party mount? Speechless....

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Good to learn from your experience. I discard the "I heard of" part, as there are so many rumors on the web that we cannot trust or check. Here I share my experience with E mount cameras, which is the system I am using after 43 years as a photographer, having used all sort of cameras from all the greatest brands. Please don't mind if I list them here, it is not for self indulgence, but it will give you an idea of my experience with equipment: Pentax (screw), Canon F, Rollei SL66, Bronica ETR, Sinar Norma, Brooks Verywide, Linhof Technika, Minolta MC, Sinar P, Mamiya 645, Canon Fn, Toko field (the one in my photo), Fuji 645, Nikon AF, Nikon D, Canon D, Sony A and now Sony E!

This is the list of of Sony E mount cameras that I've bought since 2011: one NEX-5, two NEX-7, one NEX-6, two A6000 and now one A7RII. Never had an issue with the mounts. Except the 5, which I can't track, I sold or gave all the NEX's to a friend and close relatives. I know that they are still working with no problem, never received a complaint.

Since June 2014 I always carry one A6000 in my daily use backpack wherever I go. I usually mount the heavy PZ 18-105mm f/4 or the ZE 24mm f/2 on it. It is just protected by a thinly cushioned wrap. Sometimes I drop my bag on the ground and more often I slam it on the seat or the trunk of my car. I mean, I haven't taken so much care but the cameras look tough, the lenses still mount firmly, not loose, no gap, absolutely no leak. Even the 70-200mm f/4, whose weight and length impose much stress to the camera body, fits nicely and shows no mounting issue even when turning the relatively stiff zoom ring. That means two years of a practical stress test and my images keep the corner to corner resolution as when the cameras were brand new. And I never had to send the cameras for repair, not even sensor cleaning. Well, I do take much care when changing lenses.

And you guessed it: I treat my A7RII much better!

Cheers!

I know the original plastic e mount cameras had some issues. Plus the non metabones IV adaptors. You just may have a defective camera. There should be no issues with latest e mount cameras and native lenses. Can you explain exactly what you are seeing and maybe post some examples? Again, I am assuming you have experienced the actual issue yourself.