Bokeh of four 50mm lens (f0.95, f1.4, f1.5, f1.8)

jesse

I like to adapt manual focus lens on a7.

Here i'd like to share the images of four 50mm lens.

Their bokehs are different when apertures are wide open. Choose your favorite. :-)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

For me it would have to be the Mitakon SpeedMaster as it is a lot more creamier and smooth than the rest.

Si

But it is not comparable and not really sharp too ;)

To compare the bokeh he should use the same Apperture for all lenses.

If we leave out the Mitakon, the Ultron ist my favourite too!

Why is everybody bokeh-crazy? It seems to be so common lately that people are more concerned with what is out-of-focus than the in-focus part. Unlike the past the main criteria for a lens is bokeh instead of IQ/resolution

In most uses, including on screen, it's very hard to gauge the actual IQ or resolution of an image while the bokeh is very obvious ?

Bokeh & Color - Ultron, it's sharp, its bokeh is appealing, and the colors work better I feel.

Juptier-3 - Seems sharp enough that I can see little details in the fabric, but the background color looks a bit washed out and faded.

Carl Zeiss Jenna looks to have a weird yellowish tint which makes th epicture overall less appealing.

The Mitakon SM probably has better looking bokeh stopped down but at 0.95 it looks overwhelmingly soft. Partly due to the paper focal point.

It'd be nice if we could see them in another test at the same aperture as well as their max aperture. Mos

• 1 month later...