A6000: Don't see videos in playback mode

Maybe I have something set wrong but when recording video on my a6000 I don't see them in playback mode. I see all of the photos I have taken but no video. I'm sure they're there because when using playmemories they show up (although they won't wirelessly transfer). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...
On 2/4/2016 at 8:56 PM, Mayday said:

Thanks guys I checked back in the menu and did find the video option. Strange that you can't see all photos and video unless in calendar view which is clunky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have same issue with a Sony a7r,what should I do ? 

If you have playback set to Date View, when you hit the play button, it should show everything in the order it was taken (stills or video).  If you hit the down arrow, then you can seemingly get stuck on the calendar, but just go to any date and select it, and that will take you to the list of picts and videos.  

I will admit though that it is kind of an odd setup.

Edited by JetFLA
  • 6 months later...
On 2/4/2016 at 8:23 AM, dbmiller said:

Check the menus under playback - You can choose to view stills only (default), video only, and I think there is a setting that shows both by date, but I don't have my camera at work, so can't check.

For those who are confused now, in the sony alpha 6000 most of the time the setting is under menu>5th Page (this one with the "view" sign)>and than its called "view mode">just press on it with the confirm button and than select the data view thing and confirm again with the button (sometimes the data view option is already selected but it doesnt show up your video recordings, just select it again and it should work probably)

• 1 year later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Arnab Ghosh
      I have sony a6400, and i want absolutely steller quality from my prime lense ( will use for portrait , street portrait category )  the options i can see is 

1. Sigma 56mm f1.4 for apsc 
      2. Sigma art 50mm f1.4 for FE 

I might upgrade to full frame may be in next 4-5 years, not immediately,  will sigma art  50mm f.14 will provide better image on a apsc body than 56mm ? In both photo and video  ? 

As the 50 art costs 2X than the 56mm, i am a bit confused.. but it that will provide that better image / video quality i am ok to pay the difference. 

If anyone has used sigma 50mm art on APsc for photo and video please let me know.
    • By ferrerzulu
      Hello everyone, 
      I want to buy a Sony Alpha, but I need it to have no recording limit, because on several occasions I will need to record a live concert without having any computer nearby.
      Could you help me to identify which Sony Alpha models have no recording limit (from a6 to all a7 models)?
      Thank you very much in advance,
      Josu.
    • By attorianzo
      I am not a photographer, I just shoot videos to my family with my Sony a7iii. I don't want any post production to my videos. Can I simply shoot videos in .mp4 extension avoiding funny kind of video formats?
    • By gibbsyns3
      I remember the day i bought my first Alpha 100, it was immediately on its launch and i was quite chuffed to have the Jessops 'special edition silver'. It was my first serious camera, and having been a Sony audio devotee for years it was an obvious choice. However, there were times I regretted the decision in the years that followed during which the initial press rave reviews were replaced with a fairly apathetic view of Sony's move into SLR, and it seemed Sony would stay way behind Canon and Nikon, perhaps among the front runners of the also rans was the best they could hope for. 
      Though many a photographer dismissed my Sony with advice to jump ship, the A100 was doing the job I needed and by then I had built up quite an array of accessories and lenses - back then camera shops had loads of Minolta glass you could get for pennies. 
      Turn the clock forward however many years it has been (wow - I just looked it up, 25 years!) and Sony are right up there with some awesome kit. Despite being in from the start i have only progressed as far as a 390 - which I doubt many people reading this would want as their main camera, but it has done the job i need and done it well. 
      I do now need an upgrade as need video. Cameras are not a big enough part of my life to be looking at anything like the current flagship models. To get most bang for my buck I'll be most likely to buy from one of the professional second hand/refurbing sellers. You'll know the type, 50 Sony cameras in their eBay shop and a 99% feedback from Sony camera users. So I won't be looking at just the current models and when you consider the entire range, past and present, it is huge. I keep finding myself reading a spec, thinking this could be the one, then noticing it doesn't have live view or whatever. 
      So, I am hoping somebody reading this will know the range so well that if i give a list of 'must have' and 'desirable' specs, they will be able to suggest cameras of whatever age that fit the bill, and which of them you'd recommend. 
      Sony has a really good accessories compatibility bit on its website, so i can then cross reference suggestions to see which of my external flashes, remotes, grips, lenses etc could still be used. 
      I could have just asked the question without rambling down memory lane couldn't I, sorry about that 🙂
      ESSENTIAL FEATURES
      a-mount hd video external mic  live view (doesn't have to be the sony proprietory LiveView, any form of external monitoring) standard tripod and hot-shoe mounts availability in european market STRONG PREFERENCE
      wifi or other wireless connectivity some form of macro or favourites to allow save & recall of multiple settings configurations evf viewfinder high megapixel (I fancy doing some wallpaper printing) headphone jack multi interface hot-shoe image stabilisation (if you think i'd miss it) In all other respects I am happy if the camera does the job as well as, or better than, the 390, which I'm pretty sure everything with my wish list would. 
      Hope somebody can help with this, many thanks in advance. 

• Topics