I'm confused by the wording of some comparison websites with this lens. Some say it will not focus to infinity. I want to use this lens for landscape photography. What does "not focus to infinity" mean when it comes to focusing on something a few hundred meters away? What's the difference between that, and the clouds in the background (which would pretty much be infinity with this lens)? Can anyone help?

I really don't want to buy the G Master version. So this lens would be used for both landscape and interior photography. Thank in advance for any help!

After reading another review on the lens as it pertains to landscape photography, I think I understand that it will not "autofocus" to infinity due to the distant objects being so small on the sensor. I manually focus anyway, so perhaps I may have answered my own question.

On 5/27/2024 at 1:14 AM, Paradox.db.3 said:

I'm confused by the wording of some comparison websites with this lens. Some say it will not focus to infinity.

Never heard of this with this lens. Care to share a reference? As far as I know this lens focusses to infinity just fine.

3 hours ago, Pieter said:

Never heard of this with this lens. Care to share a reference? As far as I know this lens focusses to infinity just fine.

The website compares both the f4 and the f2.8 versions side by side, and if you scroll down a bit, it shows a check mark beside the f2.8 for infinity focus, and an x beside the f4. It's so strange... Below is the link.

https://versus.com/en/sony-fe-12-24mm-f-2-8-gm-vs-sony-fe-12-24mm-f-4-g

MY 12-24/4 lens is one of my favorites.  It auto focuses just fine at infinity.  I think you are either misunderstanding the article or the article has incorrect information.