Image have a little green tint to it

Hi everyone,

I just transitioned over from Nikon entry level aps-c camera to Sony A7Riv and paired it with some rented lens like the Sony 24-70 f2.8 GM and Sigma 24-70 f2.8 DG DN Art. 

However in all of the raw photos i noticed that all the pictures have slightly but noticable green tint to it. I have set the AWB colour shift to remove the green but still cannot get rid of the green tint completely. 

Does anyone here have the solution/tips to fixing this to get accurate colours?

Thank you!

If the tint is uniformly across the frame, it's a white balance issue - you can search for tips on how to set a correct white balance during RAW processing, but it helps a lot if you have something you can use to get the correct white balance in the first place. What you need is a shot, say at the start of your shoot, of a white or grey card (a grey card is good because it's harder to overexpose. Ideally you use a proper photographic grey card, because a sheet of white paper may have a faint tint to it, compounding the problem, but if it's all you have, it's better than nothing.

If the tint is only on lines in the background or foreground, then you have spherical aberration, and that's fixed in an entirely different way - you can find recommendations online, but you'll need corrections specific to your lens - DXO Photolab is particularly good at lens-specific corrections - they create their own correction files.

2 hours ago, FunWithCameras said:

If the tint is uniformly across the frame, it's a white balance issue - you can search for tips on how to set a correct white balance during RAW processing, but it helps a lot if you have something you can use to get the correct white balance in the first place. What you need is a shot, say at the start of your shoot, of a white or grey card (a grey card is good because it's harder to overexpose. Ideally you use a proper photographic grey card, because a sheet of white paper may have a faint tint to it, compounding the problem, but if it's all you have, it's better than nothing.

If the tint is only on lines in the background or foreground, then you have spherical aberration, and that's fixed in an entirely different way - you can find recommendations online, but you'll need corrections specific to your lens - DXO Photolab is particularly good at lens-specific corrections - they create their own correction files.

Thank you so much for the tips! However i think i found a better way which is using Lightroom's calibration panel, i think this is more accurate but couldnt guess when to really stop because i dont have a gray card yet. Should really consider it!

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2023 at 12:40 AM, Springfield-Photo said:

You haven't stated whether the camera was new or secondhand. A new camera should not display any form of tint and if it does should be returned. A secondhand camera may have been altered by a previous owner attempting a colour calibration and messing it up. 

It is secondhand, i have performed a clean factory reset, anyways i have sold the camera so no worries anymore