A6000 and 16-50 with DXO Optics Pro

Hi everyone!

I'm a new guy to this forum and I'm looking forward to sharing/learning from all of you!

I've had my A6000 since day one and have updated the firmware. I have a bunch of lenses (e-mount) and I just was wondering if anyone else out there has tried "DXO Optics Pro" software with thier cameras.

I'm sure most of us realized the amount of distortion and corner softening the lowley 16-50 lens produces. When I bought "DXO Optics Pro" I was astonished at how it completely corrected EVERYTHING!!!!!

You must download all the "Modules" for your camera and all your lenses. DXO is a super cool plugin for "Adobe Lightroom" and they import/export back and forth SEAMLESSLY.

I have been an avid amature and semi pro photagrapher since I was 10 years old. So I can say I hyperleaped from an Argus C3 and Yashica 124G to a Sony A6000 in only 57 years!!!!!!!!!!!HA! HA!

Super hi quality glass is so expensive to manufacture and computers/software are getting so good I can see ahead to the day that the enthusiast can buy an inexpensive lens coupled with some inexpensive software and completely dispense with lens aberations.

Love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!

Hi, yep I'm new here too....but thank's for the tip re. DXO optics pro!

I've just got a new a6000 with the kit 1650 [plus a fantastic Sigma 60mm 2.8!].....and have to say it's not as bad as I was expecting.

Also got DXO optics pro....so if it can correct some of the image problems with the 1650 I must give it a go...and maybe hold off getting some more primes!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...