Greetings from Heidelberg, Germany.

Hi everyone, like the title says, greetings from Heidelberg, I’m 55 years of age, happily married with 4 kids ranging from 26 to 13, two boys two girls.

I’m just a hobbies that appreciates nice and well composed pictures, I use to be a Canon all user until December of last year and jump into the modern world of mirrorless cam, SONY to be exact.

My current gear are A7iii & A6600 for covering my FF and Crop needs, got few lens consisting of Sony 85 1.8, 70-200 4.0, Sigma 16 1.4 that leaves on the A6600 and lastly Sigma 24 1.4 that resides at my A7iii.

Miscellaneous: Atomos Ninja V, Rode Filmaker kit, DJI Ronin SC.

Well that’s it for now, and hope to learn and be enlightened in the Sony magical world.

Dankeschön aus Heidelberg 

Edited by 4LetterWord
typo

• 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Hi Pieter, Not yet. I've thought about that, to use a tripod. But I've no time to try that yet. I'll try it this weekend and let you know.  Thanks!
    • Did you try manually focussing at 135mm, camera on tripod / solid ground, delayed release? If you can get sharp pictures that way, at least you know the optics are fine.
    • I don't know how those cameras would fare as aviation cameras - either of them are far beyond my scope of purchase - but people have been taking pictures of planes and other man-made flying objects well, as long as they have been around.  Unless the aircraft is flying straight at you or flying perpendicularly away from you, the AF lagging behind the shutter should not be an issue and in almost all cases you would be shooting at infinity so internal lens movements to acquire focus should be at a minimum.  If you are expecting to crop a lot, I guess a camera with higher resolution would be better for you but that also depends on what you are going to do with the image.  If you are going to be printing large mural sized prints, higher resolution image would be better but if you are going to print at or below 11x17 or not print at all, even a cropped image from my A7II will be good enough on any consumer grade monitors on the market.  I have seen images printed from the first generation Olympus OM-D E-M5 (16MP) at 11x17 and they were excellent.
  • Topics