Spots on my photos

I have switch over from a DSLR to the A6000 mirror-less camera. So far so good but have been having one issue that seems I can get around that is spots on my photos. It happens the first time I used the camera in NYC while walking over the Manhattan Bridge with a group and again recently when out west shooting in Canyon Lands NP. Seems to be the angle the photo was shoot related to the sum and the diagram in the lens. This time the lens was Sony’s 10-18 mm with the lens’ hood was on.  Does anyone know how this can be corrected? 

Here’s a procedure for identifying sensor dust. Dust will stand out the most with small aperture (large f/ number), a plain white background (preferably out of focus), and low ISO. So to check for dust, you chose those worst case camera settings.

https://digital-photography-school.com/sensor-dust-heres-check/

But if the spots in your photos move around as you move the camera, it’s not a dirty sensor. If this only happens when facing the general direction of the sun, see if the sun is shining on the front of your lens. For a wide angle lens, you can’t count on the lens hood to prevent this. Sometimes I must hold up my hand or a hat to shade the lens for a wide angle shot.