Sign in to follow this  
melovesushi

Projector Lens Adaptation attempt

Inspired by the many lens adaptations going on , i picked up an old projector to attempt one myself, 

after some research this is my Frankenleicaony :))) 

i managed to get 2 leica projector lenses , 90mm f2.5 and a 35mm f2.8 , the 35mm elmaron came with the focusing 

tube which was to me very important , the 90mm also fits into the elmarons focusing housing which is nothing but a black tube.

taking into account the sizes and trying to attach it to a m42 helicoid did not work for me , so i ordered an m52 to m42 helicoid which the lenses and  its black focusing tubes fitted into , sadly this is not perfect so a little electrical tape did the trick , this will be replaced by a step up ring when it arrives from timbuktu (hopefully) 

attaching all this to an m42 to nex does not work , but it works perfectly with an m39 to nex , the 2 adapter to nex were of the same brand so i took out the silver thread rings and tried swapping them over , the m42 thread rings outer rim was 3-4mm wider so out came the file and several hours later it slotted in to the m39 adapter housing perfect , everything works fine , intact beyond my expectations i can focus from about 30cms out to infinity and do some pretty good close ups , post-424-0-24593100-1507550250_thumb.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Ilya
      Projection lens Visionar 71mm f/1.6 + Sony a7rII:

Veronika by Ilya Artemiev, on Flickr

Untitled by Ilya Artemiev, on Flickr

Leica Summarit 50mm f/1.5 + Sony a7rII:

• By Ilya

Soul river by Ilya Artemiev, on Flickr

Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH
      Sony a7rII
    • By KindaGoodMedia
      Hey Everyone, so im having a problem with my Sony a7II and trying to figure out what is happening. it seems like it could be a light leak but when i shoot it in auto the light streak disappears. i notice this happens when i am shooting manual in bright daylight. iv tried to cover the E-mount with tape but it still appears. here is the link to sample photos. https://imgur.com/tMEpf0s https://imgur.com/VbHiofThttps://imgur.com/0Bf47TZ any help would be awesome. thank you!
    • By Ilya
      Some shots from the mall, no additional light gear, only Sony a7rII + Leica Summilux 50mm f/1.4 ASPH.

Gaming zone in the mall:

Games by Ilya Artemiev, on Flickr

Games by Ilya Artemiev, on Flickr

At the food court:

Foodcourt by Ilya Artemiev, on Flickr