My Canon Legacy Lens score

Fanner50

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Every now and then even a blind squirrel finds an acorn.

Several days ago while looking through the local Craig's List for photo lenses I came across an ad for three Canon FD lenses, Canon EF camera, the original instruction manual and warranty card,  filters, and even a fitted carrying case.   WOW.   I contacted the seller, we reached an agreement on the price, and I picked them up today.  The lenses are pristine, they look like they have never been used.  Filters on all of the front elements. lens caps on the rear.  Three Canon FD lenses, the ones with the "chrome nose", and a Asanuma 200mm telephoto lens.  The Canon FD lenses are 35mm, 50mm, and 135mm.  They look brand new.  The glass is perfect.  The Canon EF camera from 1973 looks perfect, and all functions and controls seem to work perfectly.  When the camera was last put up, the owner took out the batteries, so the two battery compartments are perfect too.  No corroded batteries.  The owner took very good care of his stuff (like me), and the outfit has been in the top of a closet for over thirty years.  

What a find.  Back in the day, I had a Canon A-1 camera.  When it bit the dust, I sold my FD lenses, never imagining that I would ever have a use for them again.  Then I just very recently bought the Sony a6000, and a whole new world has opened up.

How much did I pay?  Well, I really don't want to say, because someone will always chime in that they know where a similar outfit is a whole lot cheaper LOL.  In fact, they know someone who will Pay Them to come and take it off their hands. LOL  

I am So happy and excited about my Canon FD lenses, and look forward to using them on my new Sony a6000.  I have another question concerning camera settings in the next category below that I sure wish someone would answer.  Thanks all!