Lens suggestion for A7Sii + Gimbal

Shanggeeth

I was wondering what the best (budget friendly) setup for using a handheld stabilizer/gimbal such as a Pilotfly H2/Zhiyun Crane.

I've finally ditched the Canon 5D iii and made the switch over the Sony, but using my 24-70 f2.8 on a handheld gimbal is out of the question.

I'm looking for a lens with good AF that isn't going to be hunting all the time. 

PS. I'm not opposed to using non-native lenses as long as it makes sense.

Any advice or suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks guys!

The Batis lenses are very light, and should be able to balance on your gimbal.  you may need a spacer to raise the body with the 85mm.  The 55mm 1.8 is also superb on a gimbal.  None of them are budget lenses though. 

A non native lens and the required adapter may be too much weight. 

JCC

The Batis lenses are very light, and should be able to balance on your gimbal.  you may need a spacer to raise the body with the 85mm.  The 55mm 1.8 is also superb on a gimbal.  None of them are budget lenses though. 

A non native lens and the required adapter may be too much weight. 

JCC

Thank you for your input. I'm worried the 85 might be too tight.

Would you ever consider the FE 28mm F2? 

I'm using the Sony 28/2 with a Zhiyun Crane right now - it's pretty good. Almost too light for the Crane, but once I got balance settled, the gimbal performs very well. That said, I'm not in love with the image out of the 28/2 like I am with my Loxia 50. Thinking of trading it for the Batis 25mm, or just keeping the 28/2 for when I need autofocus and picking up the Loxia 21. The Crane, however, is close to perfection for the price.