Sony 24 - 70 GM Lens cap

Has anyone else had issues with the lens cap staying on?  I've lost mine and have had to cannibalise one from my Pentax setup while I idon'thave the Pentax with me.  Even then I have to walk around with the lens cap unnattached as it won't stay on the lens.  In of itself, it is a relatively cheap item, but 82mm lens caps aren't the easiest to get hold of and I would have to stockpile them.  

Try a threaded lens cap. 

Or ....

Do you have a filter on the lens ? The filter threads

on lenses these days are shabby, but the forward

thread on most filters is actually better than found

on the lenses. IOW a snap on cap is likely to stay

more securely on a filter than on a naked lens.

The lens cap as well the hood are a bad joke in that price segment.

I was hiking in the bavarian mountains for two weeks, and I am usually carrying the camera with the sunsniper rotaball pro and the activy clip, so that the camera is not dangeling around much when walking/climbing.

With bumbing anywhere I lost the hood three times. Its quite loose - fewest force is enough to get it off without turning.

The lens cap is occasionally laying on the bottom of my photobag (note I have the hood attached, so the cap is touching the bottom!).

Whether it is directly on the lens or on the filter attached (use the MRC pro from B&W).

It is really annoying with this lens.

And I haven't had that issue with any of my a mount lenses or with any other FE lens

Yes!!!! I am so annoyed! I'm constantly losing it while out walking around, or it falls off in my bag. Even though I never shoot with protective filters, I decided it was a must for this lens. One week after putting it on, I found that the (very expensive) filter had a big, deep scratch from the cap falling off while in my car. So I highly recommend a clear filter! The 49mm cap falls off my 55 lens, too, but the lens hood is more protective.