What changes does the A7R need in the mkII?

Hi there, I am still waiting for the 2nd version of the A7R, but my body starts to show symptoms of an addiction now. Shaky hands, shivering....

So my question to you is:

What needs to be changed by Sony for the 2nd version of the A7R? I know about the 50mp speak which I hope is not true. But what else would you change on the A7R?  

Phase/Contrast Detection AF & More AF Points

4.5~5 FPS & Dual processors for quicker buffering speed

Aside from a larger sensor I didn't think there was much of a difference between the A7 and A7r.

Why change the recipe of a successful dish?

What it needs is different from what we want.   I think it needs  EFCS, IBIS, Phase/Contrast Detection AF & More AF Points.   Want we want, that just makes the list longer.    I know if I were given the choice of just a 36mp  A7rII  with IBIS  and EFCS, and better AF  I would be very happy to trade up.   I think  a bigger sensor would make much more sense in a much more pro, canikon killer, package

It will probably have IBIS, better AF with phase detect, new grip like A7II, and 50MPix

I would also like:

• an electronic shutter or a dampened shutter
  • strap attachment on top of the camera instead of the side for easier use of hand straps
  • one more option for focus peaking: "only when focus magnify"
  • more functions reachable from the C1/C2/C3 buttons
  • larger battery with optional quick (less than 2hrs) charger
  • zero battery discharge when power OFF

A new accessory would be welcome: LA-EA5 with better AF module coming from A77II.

A price rebate for the "old" A7r   ;)

Seriously, for me would seal the deal:

• an electronic shutter or at least an electronic first curtain (like the Nex 7)
  • anything between 36 and 50Mp is fine, but I'd prefer 50 because I like to crop square; this way I would still have a 36Mp file to play with after the crop
  • a faster camera (not just a faster af, but a more responsive camera altogether, like a Nikon Dx or Canon 1 series)
  • I don't quite need it, because my cameras sit on a tripod most of the time, but IBIS would be nice all the same

Thank you for your opinions. From these few answers I can see that for my type of landscape photography I should wait for the next A7r

- According to a discussion on DPReview EFCS is not possible on this size of a sensor.

- But maybe a better shutter that does not cause vibration on long lenses will be a better wish (Canon 5D II had the same issue)

- Faster image processors seems needed since I shoot HDR panorama.

- 50 mil. pixels will bring additional costs for faster computers and graphic cards I guess. No need for that. This can wait until organic sensors come up.

- IBIS? maybe...

- What I would like is a LCD screen that I can tilt up when the camera is attached vertical on the tripod.

- When you hold your camera vertical, do the camera indictors change orientation on the LCD screen and EVF as well? Fuji came up with this. So simple, yet nobody else thinks about this.  

- On the EVF there is a dioptric dial so the EVF can be adjusted to my needs. I don't need my reading glasses there. Could this be done to the LCD screen as well, so I wouldn't need my reading glasses at all? Can someone invent this please??

- 50 mil. pixels will bring additional costs for faster computers and graphic cards I guess. No need for that. This can wait until organic sensors come up.

Not so sure about that.

I use an iMac mid-2011 (core i5 processor and 24Gb of ram, not exactly the latest technology) and I've never had any trouble at all processing the scans of my 13x18cm / 5x7" film sheets: these are 350Mp files. Three-hundredth and fifty, please do not skip on a zero  ;)    in both Lightroom 5 and Photoshop CS6.

Yes, Lightroom struggles a few seconds to render the preview, but then the rest of the operations are buttery smooth.

So I'm pretty confident that "measly" 50Mp will not need a new computer.

- On the EVF there is a dioptric dial so the EVF can be adjusted to my needs. I don't need my reading glasses there. Could this be done to the LCD screen as well, so I wouldn't need my reading glasses at all? Can someone invent this please??

What a very good idea, I love this ! Also books should be printed that way, so I can finally get rid of my reading glasses :-)

All jokes aside - I use this on the A7:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/475715-REG/Sony_FDAA1AM_FDA_A1AM_Angle_Finder.html

You can turn it by 90°. It might be quite helpful for your purposes - you dont need your glasses and look through your finder without effort when the camera is mounted vertically on the tripod.

Guest PenGun

Wow. A landscape camera, like mine lives on a tripod. The only setting you use is aperture as you seldom care about shutter speed except perhaps in a small range on this camera. With a little care you can easily keep shutter speed well away from any problem area. I have yet to trip over this.

Landscape, for me, is getting to wonderful areas and using the camera on what I find attractive. As I need a good tripod, a few lenses, and survival gear, a light capable camera is a big plus. The a7R is most certainly a jewel for what I do.

The chimp screen is all I use these days. Just pretend it's a small 4x5, no one peeks through little holes with them, 'cause there are none. It does articulate quite well.

Landscape is mosrly getting to it in my book. I have nothing but scorn for the hordes who drive to famous places and jostle each other while attempting to take pictures of something so used it's almost tawdry. YMMV.

Landscape is mosrly getting to it in my book. I have nothing but scorn for the hordes who drive to famous places and jostle each other while attempting to take pictures of something so used it's almost tawdry. YMMV.

4 wheel low and a tripod is better than a mule and 40 acres.