Grey market a7r II ?

I'm considering buying a grey market Sony a7r II from Electronics Valley on eBay for $2,499.

What's your take on buying grey market? Any problems or nightmares you've personally experienced?

Anyone have experience with Electronics Valley? They seem to be pretty reputable, as eBay vendors go.

What research have you done? Did you google Electronics Valley? There are many (too many IMO) dealers on eBay that are bad news. What is their positive feedback? I very seldom buy from anyone unless they have a 98.5 positive feedback. There are too many dealers with 99% or better. Also, grey market does not mean diddly with a Sony. Simply mail your Sony to Japan for warranty work.

markphoto4u

Thanks for your response. Electronics Valley has a score of 99.5% (8,000+ Positive/34 negative) and seller score of 26,000 whatever that means.  It's been doing business on eBay since 2006 so I'm comfortable with the seller. I did not google them for other insight, but I will. Thanks for your input on Sony and grey market.  I need to look into others' experience shipping directly to Sony.

Thanks!

Guest Colin Scott Johnson

Given my experience with Sony A7 series cameras, I'd say don't do it.

I've had to return an A7s for a new camera body and an A7 II for repair, both with 3 months from new...

Guest Peter Kelly

dunno where you are but in UK Panamoz always does good prices and very reliable 

I'd second that. Buy more than just one item and they consider discount. Also, when I ordered, they had reduced the online price between my placing the order and payment, but they told me and reduced it in the invoice.

I had first class service from them!