FE50f1.8 : Some pics by DPReview

I d/l the ARW shot of the Bay, made at f5.6, ISO 100 then applied a couple of tweaks to it in LR. Pretty impressive, at 42MP. I guess I'm not supposed to post the modified shot here, per DPReviews guidelines.

I've pre-ordered the lens already :)

Ahah ! True DPReview is pretty bad at taking good sample photos, even though in this review, they've tried to do better, with the landscape shots at different apertures.

However, somehow, I understand why they don't take "professional quality" pictures : most of their readers are not pros, with many who don't even PP their pictures. A pro would be able to take superb shots with almost any lens, but many people would never be able to recreate such results with their gear. On the contrary, these sample shots can be recreated by almost anyone, so they give everyone a first view of what they can expect from the lens, no matter their skills.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I made a new topic regarding the 50mm 1.8. I tested it out today on my sony a7mii and I was really disappointed at the focussing speed. The lens couldn't use phase detection with the software 2.0 so I needed to upgrade to version 3.1. After it still wasn't good at all. It took about one second before I came in to focus. 
I've tried al the focussing modes but none of them seem to work sadly. Any of you have experience? Please check out my other topic. 

Mine goes back to Amazon today. I was using it as an MF lens last night, which defeats the whole point of buying it. I can use my Konica 57mm f1.4 if that was the objective. I also own about 7 other 45-58mm lenses.