Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS

Smorton

Bone head beginners question:

Bought the Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS lens (17-105) a few days ago.  Initial impressions:  Vast improvement over 15 to 50 kit lens and I really like it.  Images are very sharp to me, weigh and size are pretty easy to get used to.  Perfect lens for travel.  Walking streets in Chile does not allow (for me) a bunch of lens changing, etc.  I really like the length of this lens and I have the 55 - 200 mm kit lens also (which I have heard good things about).

Now for the question:  I do see image distortion when photographing columns in buildings.  Does not bother me.  Probably because I am such an amateur.  However, I have Lightroom 5 and Photoshop 6S6.  What is camera raw?  Does that come with LR and PH?  I use about .01 per cent of these programs. 

You can only do lenses adjustments through camera raw, etc, if you shoot in raw I assume.  I have only taken jpegs so I assume if I wanted to (and I really don't) that I can do these corrections.

Downloaded the firmware but don't want to install it if the lens has the latest version.  Is there a way to tell?

Thanks

Smorton

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...