Sony helpdesk

Indeed I have.

A few years ago I purchased an LA-EA2 E mount to A mount adapter for my Nex-7.  Auto focus did not work.

As in, nothing happened.  Everything else worked, metering and such worked, manual focus worked, but AF refused to do anything.

It was very odd, I checked that the lens I was using was listed on the compatible list, which it was (50mm 1.8) did my research and could not figure out what was happening.

So I phoned Sony technical support in Australia (where I live) and spoke to a friendly and helpful teach support person.  I verified with them that everything I was using and doing was correct and AF should be working.  The conclusion was to take it back to the shop for replacement.

I did that, a few weeks later (post is SUPER slow in Australia) I got my LA-EA2 back and AF was working.  I also had a note saying that the service technicians performed a firmware update on the unit and it started working.

To this day, the LA-EA2 is still working.

Other people will have different experiences.  In Australia we are generally return the items ourselves, we don't get a pick up service or free postage for most things.  Cars, fridges, TVs, if they break, the consumer must bring the item to the store or repair center (it varies on device and when it failed).

In summary, 10 out of 10 for my Sony support experience.

As a side note, getting something delivered by post from Sydney to the city I live in often takes TWICE as long as Tokyo to my city.