A7ll shooting 2 images at a time.

Yesterday while shooting, the camera began taking 2 images at a time. I had not touched the menu. The only thing I did was touch a custom setting for white balance. Called Sony this morning and they could not explain it or suggest a fix except reset. DRO/HDR and bracket settings were where they need to be. Camera was set to single shot in P mode. Any idea why this happened?

Yesterday while shooting, the camera began taking 2 images at a time. I had not touched the menu. The only thing I did was touch a custom setting for white balance. Called Sony this morning and they could not explain it or suggest a fix except reset. DRO/HDR and bracket settings were where they need to be. Camera was set to single shot in P mode. Any idea why this happened?

Are you sure you are getting two files, or does it just sound like two shots? For example, if you turned off EFC (First curtain shutter), the shutter now has to fire twice for every image.

This happens to me on a7rii when the shutter speed is set high (>1/1000 sec) and is set to Continuous High for shooting in good light.  In low light it does not.

It is shooting two images consecutively.  I only shoot raw and no jpeg at all.

Mine sometimes does that if I'm shooting

at questionable handhold shutter speed so

that I squeeze the shutter button reeeealy

slowly and gradually. So I've just assumed

the button is caused to linger too long right

close to the release point, so maybe just

a micro-jiggle of the finger tip manually

trips the shutter twice.

Same procedure, on verrrrry rare occasions

allows button to bottom out with no shutter

released, as if by being so sooper slow I'm

actually sneaking the button right past the

release point without result. IOW the button

is designed for more "normal" finger action.

My A7 has always done this very occasionally. It worried me at first but now I assume it's due to an imprecise shutter press and just accept it as an irritation.

My Leica M9 used to do something similar but I fitted a button modifier called a soft press and never had the problem again.