Zeiss 16-70mm f/4 on the A6000

JimmyD

After returning a copy for which I paid full US retail price, I managed to find a great deal on the 16-70, so now I have the kit I wanted: 24mm 1.8, 50mm 1.8, 55-210mm and the 16-70mm. The 16-70 is a very good match for the a6000, And I like the pictures I get with it. I did something "nerdie" on the way home from a doctor yesterday. I took a landscape-like photo at f4, just to see what I would get. It was at 28mm and I passed it through DXO. This kind of photo gets me past any kind of hesitations with the lens, brought on by reviews like that on PZ. It is a fine lens and a perfect match for the a6000 in daylight. If it is dark I would not use any zoom, so that's not a drawback. The way I see it, the lens has a good range, it is reasonably small and light, it is f4, it has great contrast and bokeh, and the build quality is excellent. That was enough reason for me to get it and work with any possible limitations it might present. Sony has no comparable alternative to this lens.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the a6000 and this lens, and I also have the A7R2. So  as I will try anything once. the a7r2 switches automaticly to crop mode when a crop lens is used and becomes

an 18mp camera. so I tried this lens on my a7r2 and the results were very good. In fact they were better than on the a6000, only a little bit better. I put that down to no aa filter on

the a7r2. this lens is one of the best and when I go walkabout down canals etc, I have the a6000 in one pocket and the 16-70 lens in the other(no bag to carry) and bingo, an allround

walkabout camera. finding fault with this lens, as some do is just nit picking to me, it is one of my best buys along with my 35 and 55 ziess primes

Is there a difference with "International version"? Price is very temping but with "no warranty" is alarming?

I would like to know this as well.  Trying to decide between a used 1670 or a new "international" model.

I was at Techno Mart in Seoul last week (huge electronics mall) and I found only ONE 1670 in the whole place, it was used, they wanted about $675 USD for it.  I put it on my A6000 and tried it out.  Every time the AF would work, at half-button press, the entire picture in the EVF would jump for a split second.  I then tried AF-C and Lock on, another shopped walked by and the Lock on seemed to drift away.  Pretty sure the lens was bad so I declined.

I will be up in NYC next week so might check out the used ones at B&H.

• 3 months later...

Dear friends, I am have doubts between two lenses: the 16-70mm f/4 Zeiss E mount and 24-70 f/4 FE mount for Sony a6000, I read that the center of this both lenses is very sharp, but in the corners they have poor sharpness, if I take a 24-70 on my a6000 could I get better corners ? I will be very happy to any link for test or samples for this combination. Thanks an advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk