Giving Back - Photographing Kittens at the local Animal Shelter

KyleAndrew

Giving back with our Cameras.

So last summer I had the idea that the local Animal Shelter could perhaps increase their adoption rates if they had better photos of their animals. So from time to time I started volunteering to lend my talent to help them achieve that goal. It actually worked too, as it put more people in the door to see these precious animals. I love animals, cats specifically, and I love being able to use my talent to give back to society.

I hope you enjoy these photos, full gallery on my website at this link!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 weeks later...

Great photos! I checked them out on your site. I'll take them all! (Just kidding - I have 4 so I'm already destined to die alone) Seriously, though, what a great way to give back. I did the same a few years ago at one of the local shelters, although my photos were not as good. Yay for helping kitties!

• 2 weeks later...

Kyle - all of these photos, as well as those posted on your site are clear winners! Any one of them could break a heart! Well done!!

And thanks for using the 55mm f1.8 as I've been agonizing over the cost of it versus a 50 mm f1.8 and I think you're tilting me in the 55/1/8 direction. I love the way these cats' eyes pop into dominance and capture the photo. Many thanks!

:)