Balked on the A99, bit on the A7Rii

pjpo98

Hello all, I've had a few NEX: 5n, then C3 and 5r (planned to IR convert the C3), use the 5r as a backup and buy the A99. I envisioned a fully modular camera system and used the external EVF and LA-EA2 with a Zeiss 24-70, beercan, and Rok 85mm. Nevertheless, I never gained enough confidence in Sony's commitment to A-mount, was unimpressed with light loss while using my LA-EA2, and was disappointed that they gave their better sensor to Nikon for the D800 instead of using it themselves.

So I bought a D800, sold the C3, and lost my 5r + 24mm f/1.8. :( I've been using a RX100ii along with my D800, but I've still had my eye on the A7 line as more of a fruition of the modular camera system I had been eyeing several years before. Now with the A7Rii, the line was mature enough for me to bite.

So now I have the following to work with (aside from the RX100ii):

A7Rii

Rokinon 8mm f/2.8 

Zeiss FE 16-35/4

Sigma 30/2.8 with removed baffle

Zeiss 55/1.8

Rokinon 85/1.4

LA-EA2 (crop only unfortunately)

Minolta 70-210/4

I would love to get the LA-EA3 and Tamron 24-70 & 70-300. After that, I don't see what I'd realistically need. I'd still like to get a camera to IR convert, and I've had my eye on the a5100 because they are small and cheap, but then conversion costs almost as much as the whole dang camera.