Any FE lenses being announced this week?

Oh well, no one "promised" anything, but we're free to linger around in limbo land.  Right now there is no option to have autofocus and stabilisation with a 300mm+ lens except by speding a huge pile of money on the a7Rii or switching to Canon / A-mount (depending on which alternative mount lenses have been bought).

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm - found this on Sony alpha rumors:

Three different sources sent me messages during the last couple of days saying that Sony is preparing the launch of the very first f/2.8 FE zoom. I am still not 100% sure about the specs and release date but so far I have been told:

1)
Current FE zooms will get “updated” to be faster (f/2.8) and also of higher optical quality

2)
One of those should be the 70-200mm f/2.8 FE lens. Reminder:Sony registered a new 24-70mm FE GM lens (
)

3)
Announcement is likely to happen some time AFTER the Sony A68 announcement (scheduled for November 5th).

It is also unclear if Sony will announce those lenses for real or just on an updated roadmap with a real lens release in 2016.

It sure would be nice if Sony could at least release a road map for the immediate future with fe lenses.

Honestly I think I am regretting this switch as a camera is only as good as it's lenses, the adaptor has been less than stellar and most of the fe lenses seem to get quite a few bad reviews and ironically are overly expensive comparatively to the much better lenses of the same focal length by Canon.

Do you guys buy three copies just to find one that works?

• 2 weeks later...

On Sony Alpha Rumors there is a strong suggestion that the new 24-70 f2.8G will be announced sometime between now and CES at the end of the 1st week in January...... A Sony worker has noticed the addition of this lens onto their system..... Come on Sony, this is the lens I've been waiting for so I can make the switch! Please be a sensible price....

• 3 weeks later...

From Sony Aplha rumors:

Back in August Sony registered a new 24-70mm GM lens in Russia. I have no clue what “GM” stands for. But an anonymous source claims to knwo what it is:

Sony will release a new lens called SEL2470GMa cheaper version 24-70mm with smaller size, it will be sony’s future kit lens, possibly electronic zoom

NO, NO, NO..... Please NOOOOO! You're meant to be releasing a better version of the 24-70, not a cheaper one as a kit lens! :angry: