My next camera. Help needed

Hi all,
I am looking for a new camera.
Since I am an owner of a emount (Apsc) lenses I have to stay with the aps-system (no time selling stuff over ebay and finding the money for anyhting else)

I am between the nex7 and the a6000. To be honest I was expecting for a new camera to appear end of January ( I was looking in rumors but unfortunately the latest yesterday rumor is talking about mid of this year) and simply I can not wait that long....

Everyone is running crazy about the a6000 but from my side is a very good camera but it does not really fullfil my current needs. In reality I would prefer a bit larger body or a nice grip to add below (there is a grip from a second manufacturer but no one is running very crazy about it) . Right now on the second hand market nex 7 is at the same price with the a6000 (and some times nex 7 goes cheaper).

1.What I really like with the nex 7 is the viewfinder, the buttons interface and the tri interface and the solid metal body.

2. A6000 has perhaps better higher iso performance (Btw do you know a link of someone comparing those two?). So perhaps iso iso6400 can be used compared to the nex-7 that looks on going up to 3200

3. A6000 has better autofocus performance. Okay .. but how this works in reality? If you do shooting of an event and a wedding can not the face auto focus start focusing on the wrong person? How the autofocus works on bad light though? MAny events like weddings, dance contents take part in very low light

4. Both cameras look to support HSS so both are fine in that sense.

Feel free to comment

Regards
Alex

Hi Alex, i own the a6000 so i can just recommened that one to you!
I do not have any comparisons to the Nex7 to offer but i must say everything the a6000

has to offer works fine! he autofocus is fast and predictable enough to let me use it for

professional sports shoots on my trip to cape town next month. The viewfinder,

even though not as crisp as in the a7 is also pretty usefull.

I covered a lot of it on my review, if you want to see some more real world pics:

http://passportsandlenses.com/sony-a6000-a-little-review/

Let me know if it was useful for you!

And all the best with your final buying decision!

Alex

• 3 weeks later...

Face recognition on the A6000 is excellent! you can register faces, such as at a wedding, register the bride and groom and it will give them priority. There is also a great tracking focus where you can select a subject and it will follow them, even if they go out of frame and come back it, and if a person walks in front of that subject it will stay locked on to your original subject. Its a great feature.

After saying all that, it may well feature on other Sony's too!

A few additions:

The tri-navi interface, which I think lots of people don't like, works brilliantly.  After a little practice of course, changing settings on the Nex-7 is super fast.  It is also a super small camera, but its about the same size as the A6000?

I'll be using my Nex-7 until it dies.  I like it that much.  But unless you can get it super cheap, it would not be worth it over the A6000, which has some great deals, from what I see.

Also low light AF not so great.