ZV-E1 for stills is super good.

zsk

Decided to leave my A74 at home for the family summer vacation and took the super tiny ZV-1 instead. After spending time with the super tiny ZV-1, i definitely appreciated its lightweight, mobility and fun factor. That drew me into its bigger sibling, the full frame ZV-E1. I had my eyes on it for a few months now due to its form factor and amazing sensor, and decided to pull the trigger. I do mostly stills, but appreciate making short clips once in a while.

I am already familiar with a camera with an electronic shutter, having owned and loved the Sigma fp and fp-l (if it was not for the autofocus and lack of lcd tilt, i would have kept it and never bought the A74). The ZV-E1 is a true gem, especially for stills photography. Super fun and easy to use, feels great holding it, produces small files, clean body with no top dials, very responsive touch screen, and 12MP is plentiful for what i do. The images produced are very clean (even at ISO 12800), with the right amount of softness and velvet. Of course, it gets even better when i use my other lenses such as the Sigma 85 f/1.4 or Sony 20-70 f/4. I also find myself making more short videos than before, including in 4K 60 in s-cinetone and even in v-log mode. Just upgraded the new firmware, will give the new 120fps in 4K a shot later.

The A74 is an awesome utilitarian camera that can do everything, great for events, sports and studio portraits, but not easy to travel and carry with. So I will sell it it and keep my ZV-E1 only.

Edited by zsk

• zsk changed the title to ZV-E1 for stills is super good.