: Zeiss Loxia 21mm f/2.8 lens for Sony E-mount

SAF Admin

Zeiss announced another small jewel lens, the new Loxia 21mm f/2.8 Distagon for the Sony FE system. The lens costs USD 1,499 (excl. VAT
) or EUR 1,259.66 (excl. VAT).* and will ship in December.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Full Information at Sony Alpha Rumors and Sony Alpha Cameras

Discussion here ;)

It looks like it will be a great addition to the family. Now I need to decide if I get this, which is obviously a great match if you own the 2/35 and 2/50 like I do. Or should I stay with my Batis 25 which I'm really really happy with as well. Normally I would have forgone the 25mm length in favor of the 21mm but the Batis' are so nicely designed as well. Decisions, decisions.

In the end I will probably give up my Zeiss ZE 21mm I have for my Canon in favor of this. Just another reason to start to retire my Canon body that I use for anything wide. 

It looks like it will be a great addition to the family. Now I need to decide if I get this, which is obviously a great match if you own the 2/35 and 2/50 like I do. Or should I stay with my Batis 25 which I'm really really happy with as well. Normally I would have forgone the 25mm length in favor of the 21mm but the Batis' are so nicely designed as well. Decisions, decisions.

In the end I will probably give up my Zeiss ZE 21mm I have for my Canon in favor of this. Just another reason to start to retire my Canon body that I use for anything wide. 

Would you miss the auto focus on your Batis ? I ask because I have never owned a lense with a dedicated aperture ring like the Loxia.